Friday, April 11, 2014

Heavy Metal Moment of Zen! Baelfyr's Celtic Metal cover of "Shipping Up To Boston"

 Baelfyr
Shipping Up To Boston

Maybe I'm just weird. I'm a New Englander who hates the Dropkick Murphys and all the hoopla that came about their music when the Red Sox chose to use the band's "Shipping up to Boston" as their Championship Anthem. I am a diehard Red Sox fan. I always felt that the best part of the song was the beginning with the shouting and revelrie. I always thought it would sound kick ass if a band with some balls did it some justice.....

Voila! Baelfyr from California of all things cover the Red Sox anthem with the spirit it was meant to be sung and played.... Given that the season is in it's infancy and our beloved sportscaster Jerry Remy's murderous son can't stay out of trouble, it would only be fitting to scrap the Dropkick version and start this tradtion anew..... Evil Remdawg Approved!




No comments:

Post a Comment