Saturday, April 18, 2015


THE BLACK RAINBOWS: Hawkdope

 The Black Rainbows know fuzz!  One of the highest quality rock bands out there, Rome’s own Black Rainbows have given us a classic, Hawkdope.  They have the type of sound that was meant to be listened to from the driver’s seat of a 1970’s Olds 442.  I liken Black Rainbows a bit to Fu Manchu, in that they consistently put out great rock albums that seem laid-back and straightforward at first listen but impress you more and more with each replay.  The first album I ever bought from these guys was “Carmina Diabola”, and I have been hooked ever since.  While I suspect the title “Hawkdope” was meant to imply that the new album’s tunes contain Hawkwind style spaced-out jams, I suspect I will play Hawkdope more times than I will play any Hawkwind albums I own. I consider Gabriele Fiore a rock guitar god.  Here is “The Prophet” from the new album.  

Here is where you can buy Hawkdope: https://blackrainbows.bandcamp.com/. 

The Black Rainbows are:

Dario Iocca  bass

Alberto Croce  drums

Gabriele Fiori  guitar, vocals


No comments:

Post a Comment