Friday, February 5, 2016

LOTD! DEFTONES Prayers/Triangles


Prayers/Triangles
DEFTONES



    The Deftones are back with a new album, Gore. What can we expect from the new album? It's always a guessing game, Deftones keep each album close to their breast. It's a major reason I try not to hear any of the leaks or singles before a Deftones album is dropped. In this case, I just couldn't wait. I mean there was a leak last week that I really wanted to hear but I couldn't bring myself to it. Then yesterday I noticed that a full official single was available and 24 hours later I've already given it a couple listens. 
   Well man, what do you think? I think it sounds like the Deftones. If I had to compare the Prayers/Triangles track to anything they've done before....I'd say it's somewhere between Saturday Night Wrist and Diamond Eyes. Their last album Koi No Yokan followed the pattern of Diamond Eyes but it seemed a bit more layered with atmospheric bells and whistles. Prayers/Triangles is stripped down, still beautiful and still the Deftones sound. So take that for what it is. As a fan I'm still hoping the band releases Eros, the last recordings with Chi on bass. Even if it's unfinished, I need to hear it. For now check out Prayers/Triangles and pick up the album Gore in some format on April 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment